The Association of Confessional Lutherans
The Luther Academy
are in the process of planning the next
Congress on the Lutheran Confessions
ACL National Free Conference 26
Luther Academy Lecture Series 22
April 15-17, 2015
Ramada Mall of America
Bloomington (a suburb of Minneapolis), Minnesota
The overall theme for this congress is:
MARRIAGE, SEX, and GENDER
in the LUTHERAN CHURCH TODAY
—IN LIGHT OF THE LUTHERAN CONFESSIONS—
PROPOSED TOPICS FOR THE 2015
CONGRESS ON THE LUTHERAN CONFESSIONS
1. Same-sex Marriage: The Challenges of its U.S. Legalization for Pastors and Congregations
2. Homosexuals in the Congregation: Pastoral Ministry and Church Discipline from a Confessional Lutheran Perspective
3. Cohabiting Couples in the Congregation: Pastoral Ministry and Church Discipline from a Confessional Lutheran Perspective
4. Women’s Ordination and Congregational Roles Revisited: Can the Confessional Lutheran Synods Hold the Line?
5. Have Lutherans Had a Unique View of Romance and/or Married Life, when Compared to Other Christian Traditions?
6. Do the “Orders of Creation” Pertain Only to the Vocation of Marriage, or Also to Other Vocations?
7. Canaan or Israel? The Old Testament’s Doctrine of Marriage in the Pentateuch and the Prophets
8. Luther: What is Marriage Really?
9. Divorce and Remarriage in the Parish and the Parsonage
Questions, Information: TheACL@TheACL.org